StarQuest USA

Open to all Starion and Conquest enthusiasts.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump   2010-12-13, 4:59 pm

Still trying to figure out the difference between the red and black version. But I do see this electric water pump going on the car in the future. Need to take a factory pump, gut it and weld it up. Then add this pump to the lower hose. Get rid of the pulley and the long belt.

http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ElectPump

Back to top Go down
Dz Nutz
Administration
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump   2010-12-14, 8:12 am

HHHMMMMMM

Looks like the black may be a higher flow? That would be a sweet idea to do. I like it
Back to top Go down
http://starquestusa.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump   2010-12-15, 12:05 am

Ok the Red version is a add on booster for the factory pump while the black version is not. Guess it would be best to go with the black version, its also cheaper than the red.
Back to top Go down
Maxzillian
NOOB
NOOB

PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump   2010-12-25, 1:17 am

I'll admit I've eyed these and others closely before, but I've always feared that they may not come close to what a stock pump does in terms of flow rate. Given the tools to do it, I'd certainly like to put a flow rater on the stock system just to see what is necessary to keep the engine cool.

The simple fact of the matter is: the more flow rate you give the system, the more cooling capacity you have... technically. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump   

Back to top Go down

Stand Alone Red or Black Electric Water Pump
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1