StarQuest USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
StarQuest USA

Open to all Starion and Conquest enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unable to BUY AMERICAN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sub Zero
Mile High Club
Mile High Club
Sub Zero

Unable to BUY AMERICAN Empty
PostSubject: Unable to BUY AMERICAN   Unable to BUY AMERICAN I_icon_minitime2011-01-19, 12:27 am

This was a comment by someone over Hu & Obama having dinner together.

As long as Americans foolishly continue to buy foreign over domestic instead of supporting what their country & they produce the collapse of this ONCE great country will continue unabated. Want jobs? Want a better economy? Want a brighter & more prosperous future? BUY AMERICAN!!! It is the ONLY way out of this mess. LEARN IT!!!

Myself as a foreigner, I clearly remember all the way back to 1981 when I first stepped foot in this country.
I was 17, my only language was portuguese, for a 17 year old it was big time adventure, everything was new to me,
especially coming from a small town in southern Brazil.
I was more than ready to assimilate to the american life style & traditions, to learn the language, get to know places
I had heard of & to shop for american goods. I was shocked to see most things were made in Asia, I was so disappointed.
People in Brazil always admired the USA including myself, so when I found myself living here, it was a dream come true.
But to see most products were from somewhere else was a surprise, Reagan was a great president but I wish that he had
gone a little further to lax all the restrictions imposed on our manufactures & raised tariffs on imports. To this day I think
this country needs to get back to manufacturing most of our goods, only then we will have the choice to BUY AMERICAN!!!

Back to top Go down
Brazil Boy
Moderation
Moderation
Brazil Boy

PostSubject: Re: Unable to BUY AMERICAN   Unable to BUY AMERICAN I_icon_minitime2011-01-19, 10:43 pm

Folks want cheap crap not quality product.... thats the issue....if we tax everything made in china 100% vs 1% for usa product it would all shift overnight...
Back to top Go down
Dz Nutz
Administration
Administration
Dz Nutz

PostSubject: Re: Unable to BUY AMERICAN   Unable to BUY AMERICAN I_icon_minitime2011-01-20, 8:37 am

That is exactly what the problem is. Look at Hyundai. A new one in the USA can be bought for 15k. A comparable American vehicle is going to run you at least 10k more than that.

Manufacturing is so restricted here that it cost twice as much to produce the same product.

We need to lax manufacturing restrictions a bit & raise tariffs on imports.
Back to top Go down
https://starquestusa.forumotion.com
Scootertoad
14a
14a

PostSubject: Re: Unable to BUY AMERICAN   Unable to BUY AMERICAN I_icon_minitime2011-01-27, 10:25 am

Most Americans are cheap asses at heart , always looking for the best deal no matter what country its made in.
Look at most Stallion owners for instance, so tight with money thier asses squeek when they walk ! Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sub Zero
Mile High Club
Mile High Club
Sub Zero

PostSubject: Re: Unable to BUY AMERICAN   Unable to BUY AMERICAN I_icon_minitime2011-01-28, 11:40 pm

Scootertoad wrote:
Most Americans are cheap asses at heart , always looking for the best deal no matter what country its made in.
Look at most Stallion owners for instance, so tight with money thier asses squeek when they walk ! Very Happy.

Initially it was a choice to buy cheap, now with most manufacturing jobs gone to somebody else in another country we're forced to buy cheap!
Middle class is slowly disappearing even with both parents working, back in the day when we used to manufacture our own goods only the man
of the house needed to work & financially life was good. We even landed on the moon! Today people are burning our flag!

Now days the american kids don't get that full time parent at home & its deteriorating our youth. Americans are working harder than ever for less
& it is breaking the nucleus of what holds this country together & keeps it strong, with so many divorces & broken families due in big part because of
financial stress we're falling apart, our kids are our future & look what we're doing to them.

We must become less dependent of other countries, the government needs to stop trying to tax us to prosperity & stop borrowing, it is embarrassing us
to owe so much to china & other countries. We should be the ones lending, not having an outstretched hand begging for help!

I vote along so many other patriots, we do so because we want progress, we care & want the best for us & our kids, when are they going to stop
playing politics & start to fight/represent the majority of this country for a better america, politicians work for us, we hired them, they are the tail & they need
to stop trying to wag the dog/citizens. Somehow we need to get out of this quick sand, the more we borrow, the more they step on our heads!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to BUY AMERICAN   Unable to BUY AMERICAN I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unable to BUY AMERICAN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StarQuest USA :: Community :: ALMOST Anything Goes-
Jump to: